How Soon Can Earth Rebound? - 2002

Silver et al. had estimated that reforestation restores 80% of the carbon within the first 20 years with an asymptotic tail for the remaining 20% until long-term maturity. This is good news. This means that biodiversity restoration and carbon sequestration can happen simultaneously and quickly, if the whole world were to embrace Veganism on an emergency basis.

For example, we show here 250 acres of common land in the village of Karech, Rajasthan, India. This land was fenced off with a stone fence in 2002 to prevent cows and goats from grazing on that land.