The Berkeley Principles
The Berkeley principles are a spin-off of the Dallas principles which catalyzed the success of the LGBT marriage equality movement in 2009. The Berkeley principles is a set of eight guiding principles to achieve full Animal Liberation on our way towards Vegan World 2026!
1. All animals deserve to live free of human exploitation now. Delay and excuses are no longer acceptable.
2. We will not leave any part of the animal community behind.
3. We will not be divided and conquered.
4. Religious beliefs, economic arguments and cultural/scientific traditions are not a basis upon which to exploit animals.
5. The establishment and guardianship of animal liberation is a non-partisan issue.
6. Individual involvement and grassroots action are paramount to success and must be encouraged.
7. Success is measured by the growth of the Vegan movement.
8. Those who seek our support are expected to commit to these principles.