The Mewar Angithi is a removable metal grill that when placed in a traditional mud stove, reduces wood use by 63% and reduces smoke by 89%, as measured in a lab test by the MPUAT Center for Biomass Stoves.

The Mewar Angithi was developed in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team from our university partner, the University of Iowa.

The Mewar Angithi in use in Ghana..

The Mewar Angithi in use in Ghana..

Climate Healers along with our NGO partners, the Foundation for Ecological Security, in India, the Abibimman Foundation in Ghana and the Nyumbani foundation in Kenya, has distributed over 2000 Mewar Angithis around the world. Feedback from these initial deployments have been uniformly positive with an estimated 71% of all households reporting that they regularly use the Mewar Angithi. The other 29% were not using the device either because it didn't fit in their stove presently or they had missed the education session and didn't understand how to use it.

Starting the fire is easy with the Mewar Angithi in place...

Starting the fire is easy with the Mewar Angithi in place...

India Development Service of Chicago, USA, is funding the deployment of an additional 1300 Mewar Angithi units in the Satkoshia Gorge Tiger Reserve area of Odisha, India, for 2017.